Our Education Conference will on held on Saturday 28 October 2017 at the University of Strathclyde (99 George Street, Glasgow, G1 1RD).
The theme for this year is 'Positive about Dyslexia' #positiveaboutdyslexia
Registration for this event is now closed.
We are excited to announce that Professor Sue Ellis and Dr Anne Margaret Smith will be our morning keynote speakers. Sue Ellis is Professor of Education at the University of Strathclyde and co-author of the influential Joseph Rowntree Foundation report - Closing the Attainment Gap in Scottish Education. She will speak about making literacy and the curriculum accessible to all children and young people with dyslexia. Dr Anne Margaret Smith is passionate about two fields of education - English Language Teaching and support for learners with SpLDs (such as dyslexia) - and has set up an organisation (ELT well) to bridge the gap between them. She will speak about working with multilingual learners who have additional challenges.
At the end of the day, Paul and Julie McNeill will speak about ‘Dyslexia Beyond the School Gates’ - how it affects family life; and how partnerships between teachers, parents and young people could be strengthened.
- New Addressing Dyslexia Toolkit and free online training modules
- Planning for Change
- Using Comics to Overcome School Struggles
- Dyslexia and Maths
- Visual Issues and Literacy
- Classroom Strategies for Neurodiversity/Co-occurrence
Further information can be found below:
For any registration queries, please contact Celia Richardson, email@example.com or call 01786 44 66 50.
Exhibitor spaces are now fully booked.
For any other conference queries please contact the Conference Co-ordinator, Helen Fleming, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our 2016 Education Conference was held on Saturday 29 October at the Dalhousie Building, University of Dundee
Thank you to everyone who came along on the day. Please see below the presentations from the day:
- Dr Rob Long - presentation
- Zeki Basan - the film that Zeki showed on the day was called 'In the Spirit of John Muir' and you can see it here.
- Fran Ranaldi - presentation
- Dyslexia and Inclusive Schools - presentation
- Dyslexia: linking Assessment and Intervention - presentation; ADT Dyslexia Pathway handout; Reading Circle ADT handout; Writing Circle ADT handout; Gathering Information form 1; Holistic Collation Form.
- Assistive Technology in the Classroom - handout
- Study Skills - presentation
- Music and Phonological Awareness - workbook
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com or call 01786 44 66 50.