In a change to our usual format, our education conference will now take place online on Saturday 3 October 2020 (9:00am - 2:15pm).
Our keynote speeches and workshops will be pre-recorded, but you will have the opportunity to take part in a live Q&A session with our morning keynote speakers on the day. You can see the programme for the day here.
The cost of this virtual conference is £60. Dyslexia Scotland Members receive a £10 discount. Members and Branch Volunteers should have already received their promo discount codes separately. We're sure you'll agree that this cost is very reasonable for the excellent dyslexia content and information that you'll be able to access on the day.
Our morning keynote speakers will be:
- Neil Mackay (Freelance Consultant and Trainer at Action Dyslexia)
- Yasmine and Suzette Clarke (Dyslexia Scotland Young Ambassador and her Mum)
- Charlie Martin (Partnership Manager at The Wise Group)
From 1:00pm until 2:15pm: you'll have the opportunity to ask questions to our morning speakers and to join a Covid-19 forum led by Fran Foreman from Education Scotland. Fran is also Chair of the Addressing Dyslexia Toolkit Working Group.
In the afternoon (or in your own time), delegates will be able to get access to all 5 pre-recorded workshops:
- Assistive Technology and Dyslexia: Do I need an App? (Shirley Lawson, CALL Scotland)
- Multi-sensory Activities in the Classroom (Blair Minchin, Victoria Primary School in Edinburgh)
- SQA Assessment Arrangements and Beyond...(Dawn Roberts, Fife Council and Innes Roberts, Young Ambassador)
- Writing Skills for Reluctant Writers (Neil Mackay, Action Dyslexia)
- Inclusive Reading Approaches (Neil Mackay, Action Dyslexia)
Our Education Conference provides an ideal opportunity for delegates to gain insights into the innovative approaches being developed across Scotland to support dyslexic individuals, families and professionals. This conference will be suitable for teaching and other educational staff in Scottish schools and local authorities.
Please register for this event online - tickets are on sale now:
If you would like to pay by invoice:
If you have any questions about this year's conference, please email the Conference Co-ordinator, Helen Fleming at email@example.com
Thank you to everyone who came along to our Education Conference on 26 October 2019. You can see an excellent graphic illustraton by Lindsey Scott, of the 2019 keynote speakers talks here. You can also see some great talks and interviews with people who attended the education conference on our YouTube channel here.
Presentations from 2019 conference:
- Dr Rob Savage keynote presentation. Rob has also provided two research papers for info: research paper 1 and abstract of paper 2 (n.b. access to the full paper incurs a cost)
- CALL Scotland webinar based on Hamish Holmes presentation on the day
- CALL Scotland workshop presentation
- Maths: Playing Card Games workshop presentation and booklet
- Making Sense and Action Research Workshop presentation
- Resilience workshop presentation
- Mamta Singhal keynote presentation
Winner announced for a free place for Education Conference 2020: Fiona from Aberdeenshire was drawn out of the hat for a free place at the 2020 conference. Congratulations Fiona!